To connect to the UZH network using a cable, please use your own network (RJ-45) cable to connect your computer to a UZH network socket. If you can't establish a connection, please check your network settings:
1.) Open "Network and Sharing Center"
Open Network and Sharing Center, for example via
- Taskbar (network symbol) > Open Network and Sharing Center (see screenshot)
- Windows Start menu > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
- Windows Start menu search > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
2.) Open "Local Area Connection" (adapter) properties
- In Network and Sharing Center select Change adapter settings > Local Area Connection > Properties (right mouse-click).
If no local area network connection is visible or the only local area connection visible is for home use, please set up a new one via the Network and Sharing Center.
3.) Check "Local Area Connection" properties (TCP/IP)
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click the Properties button.
- In the General tab, you must check the boxes Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
1.) Open network settings
- System Preferences
- Open System Preferences and then Network.
2.) Check the "Ethernet" properties (TCP/IP)
- Network Settings
- Select Ethernet and click Advanced.
(If everything is "grayed out," click the lock on the bottom left to allow changes.)
- In the TCP/IP tab, data (IP and server address 130.60.x.x) must be obtained automatically using DHCP.
(If you need to, you can view these addresses again by clicking the Renew DHCP Lease button.)
CARE! These settings apply to a connection to the UZH network. For a home network connection you must use the settings from your own network provider.