For many UZH IT services (for example semester enrollment and access to WiFi networks or e-mail accounts) you need to log in to prove your credentials as a member of UZH. When you start as a student or member of staff, the UZH administration will send you a letter containing your passwords and instructions on how to create new passwords of your own choosing.
Log in to ITIM Identity Manager
- User name: First and last name (UZH full name)
- Password: ITIM password (sent to you by letter)
If you have any problems logging in please call our Service Desk (helpline 044 634 3333) or drop by in person.
Select Change password
Select the service you require
- For example E-Mail / Collaboration (Webmail), ITIM, WiFi (WLAN), VPN, etc.
- Show hidden tables by clicking the small triangle symbol on the top left.
Enter current ITIM password and new service password (2x)
- Please follow the password rules under Point 3:
> Minimum 8 characters, one number, one uppercase and one lowercase letter, special character(s)
- Confirm with OK.
Forgotten ITIM Password?
Select Forgot your password? in ITIM
Request a security code
You can only request a security code if you have registered a mobile number in the ITIM.
- Enter your full name (first and last name) and student or staff ID number.
- Click Request Security Code.
Enter the security code and your new password (2x)
- Please follow the password rules:
> Minimum 8 characters, one number, one uppercase and one lowercase letter, special character (s)
- Click Change password.