Dear Science Cloud users,
A maintenance of Science Cloud is planned for Wednesday 7 December 2016. The maintenance is needed to upgrade the current version of OpenStack from Liberty to Mitaka release. During this day, most of the operations on Science Cloud will NOT be possible and some S3IT services based on Science Cloud.
Start: 7 December 2016, 9:00
End: 7 December 2016, 20:00 (pessimistic estimation)
What will NOT work
During the maintenance window, the following services will not be available:
- Web and API interface, including:
- creation/deletion of VMs
- creation/deletion/attachment of volumes
- upload of new glance images
- access to the console of the VM
- Network connectivity to your VMs (the network connectivity is expected to be down for ~1 hour)
- S3IT services based on Science Cloud:
S3IT issue tracker (https://www.s3it.uzh.ch/help). You can create new tickets by sending an email to email@example.com but they will not be processed until the end of the maintenance window
What will continue to work
The Virtual Machines on Science Cloud will not be terminated, therefore:
- your VMs will stay running
- applications within the VM will continue to run, assuming do not depend on some service reachable only by network
- access to already mounted volumes will continue to work
We will send a notification 30 minutes before starting the maintenance window, and one more notification after the maintenance window is closed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause to you. If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the Science Cloud sysadmin team,