VPN in iOS
1.) Configure VPN
- Settings > General > VPN
> Add VPN Configuration > IPSec tab.
- Description: UZH-ALL / Server: vpn.uzh.ch
- Account: Your UZH short name Password: Your VPN password
- Group Name: ALL / Shared secret: See shared secret
- Tap Save.
To get to the page with the group password, first log on with your UZH short name and the WebPass password.
2.) Open VPN
- In Settings turn the VPN switch to on.
- Log on with your UZH short name and VPN password.
- When the VPN connection has been established the VPN symbol will appear in the menu bar.
VPN in Android (2 & 6)
1.) Open settings
- Left: The app symbol for Settings in Android 2
- Right: Possible app symbols for Settings in Android 6
2.) Wireless & networks
- Android 2: Tap Wireless & networks.
- Android 6: Tap More.
3.) Open VPN settings
- Android 2: Tap VPN settings.
- Android 6: Tap VPN.
4.) Add VPN connection
- Android 2: Tap Add VPN??.
- Android 6: Tap "+" (plus sign)
5.) Select L2TP/IPSek PSK VPN (Android 2)
- Android 2: Select Add L2TP/IPSec PSK VPN???.
6.) Edit VPN profile
- Android 2 & 6: VPN name uzh
- Android 6: Type: IPSec Xauth PSK
- Android 2 & 6: Server: uzhvpn1.uzh.ch
- Android 2 & 6: IPSec pre-shared key: Our group password
- Android 6: IPSec identifier: Our group name
- Android 6: Tap Save.
You'll find the group name and group password here
(log in with UZH short name and WebPass password if required).
At this point your device might want to save the IPSec key you entered in its credentials storage. In this case you need a new password you now create yourself rather than the UZH login. You'll be able to change this later under Settings > Security.
7.) User login
Authenticate yourself with your VPN user data (UZH short name and VPN password) and tap Connect.
8.) VPN connection status
An active VPN connection is shown in the menu bar with a "key" icon.